Sunday, May 6, 2012


It's going to be a busy few weeks ahead for me. We just signed a lease for a new place. this means much more space, but also means moving. So:

There's more stuff hidden at the back
I've put up some bomb markers (from the 40K resin bomb set) that I painted a couple of years ago. These are quick photos so I haven't worked out the focus on all the shots, but you should get the idea.

These are all painted in acrylic, with oil washes and powders for weathering. I also used latex on the signs for chipping, and oil-powder mix for the rust. Acrylics by GW, oils by Daler Rowney and powders by MIG.

They're sealed in with Humbro Matt Cote from an airbrush to make them table ready. Mid layer varnishing was a mix of GW and Long Life floor polish (the latter through the airbrush).

Basing is GW sand and Scorched Grass. The tall grass is by Noch.

The snow is baking powder, I didn't like (looks great, but is too fragile - would work best, as with the GW, for making slush), covered with Noch Powder for the deep drifts. I've tried GW static snow on some other models (who will no doubt apear soon enough), and I didn't like it - too shiny and you can see the fibres.

Out of time this week, but if anyone want more info, ask away in the comments box.


  1. Good luck with the move! more space to cram mini's into all. Always good news!

  2. Cheers Lead Legion. There's more storage than you can poke a stick at. I'll have to do a post on it :-)